Air conditioners are vital in the summer. Winter is officially over and so it’s time for many people to start considering getting a new air conditioner for their home or business.
We’ve put together a list of things to consider when replacing your current unit or thinking of buying a new one. Picking the right unit from a wide range of air conditioners available on the market and the right air conditioner installer will save you both time and money this summer.
- Energy Efficiency: Air conditioners can quickly drive your monthly electricity charges so consider buying a high start rating air conditioner that will help you save thousands of rands on your electricity bill. As a rough guide, a 9 sqm room will need a 2.5-kilowatt air conditioner. If your air conditioner has more kilowatts, it will use more energy, too little and it won’t cool your room efficiently. Air conditioners are rated with a 10-star scale, the more stars, the better. Keep this in mind when comparing costs. Take into account the price of the air conditioner versus the future cost of running.
- Noise levels: Getting an air conditioner that makes the least amount of noise will not only keep your energy bill low but will be good for your peace of mind so consider getting a newer model and replace your old air conditioner and save yourself some money this summer.
- Consider the types of air conditioners:
- Split system air conditioners Are made up two parts; one attached to the internal wall of your home (a), while the other sits outside, allowing the escape of exhaust (b).
- Reverse system air conditioners provide both cooling and heating functions.
- Inverter system air conditioners adjust the temperature of the air it produces rather than stopping and starting to maintain a constant temperature.
- Multi-system air conditioners: connect multiple indoor units to a single outdoor condenser so all rooms are cool to the same temperature.
- Extra features: Remote controls, timers, dehumidifiers and air filters are just some of the features you’ll find across many air conditioner models. Think about which of these features are important to you so that you don’t have to pay for functionality that you won’t use.
- Installation and after-sale support: Installing your air conditioner is a highly technical process and needs to be undertaken by a professional installer. We can arrange this for you. Choosing the right air conditioner is important and will make the South African summer a lot more comfortable and enjoyable for you. Check out our sale by visiting our shop and pick the right air conditioner for your home or business.
Read more about the different type’s of units to for more tips.